The first round of CFtP Level 1 & 2 exams will be launched in Singapore & Shanghai in December 2021. In subsequent cycles, CFtP Level 1 & 2 exams will be conducted every July and December. The Level 1AB Foundation paper will be conducted over the course of 3 months prior to the Level 1 exam date. All CFtP exams will be conducted in an online proctored format unless otherwise stated.
All questions in Level 1 are multiple choice questions. Level 2 questions are a combination of multiple choice and essay questions.
For candidates residing in China who wish to take the Level 1 and 2 exams in 2021, he/she must be physically present in Shanghai (at our designated test centre) to take the online proctored exams on the specified exam dates.
For all other candidates, the CFtP Level 1AB Foundation paper will be conducted during the period of September to November 2021.
Students or graduates of Finance or FinTech-related majors may apply for exemption from the Finance module and/or the FinTech module in Level 1. Holders of relevant professional certifications, may be granted exemptions from the relevant modules. The Exemption Committee of the GFI will decide on all exemption matters.
No exemptions will be granted for the Foundation module at Level 1 (online test) and the Level 2 examination.
Details regarding the programs of study or professional certifications that may qualify for exemptions will be announced at a later date.
Details of CFtP Modules and Subjects
CFtP Level 1AB: Foundation
- Module 1AB1: Statistics, Quantitative Methods and Financial Analysis
- Module 1AB2: Financial Innovation
CFtP Level 1A: Finance
- Module 1A1: Economics
- Module 1A2: Financial Statement Analysis
- Module 1A3: Financial Management
- Module 1A4: Investment Management
CFtP Level 1B: FinTech
- Module 1B1: Data Structure, Algorithms, and Programming in Python
- Module 1B2: Data Management 1: Big Data and Data Science
- Module 1B3: Data Management 2: Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Module 1B4: Computer Network and Network Security
CFtP Level 2: Applications and Professional Practice
- Module 2.1: Ethics and Governance
- Module 2.2: AI, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning in Finance
- Module 2.3: Blockchain Design and Programming
- Module 2.4: Cloud Computing and Cyber Security
- Module 2.5: Compliance and Risk Management
- Module 2.6: Global Fintech Trends