Exams will be conducted in July (Level 1) and December (Level 2). The first Level 1 exam will be launched in Singapore in July 2021 by GFI. All questions in Level 1 are multiple choice questions. Level 2 questions are a combination of multiple choice and essay questions.
Candidates must be present to take the exam for the Finance module and/or the FinTech module on the exam date. However, the Level 1 Foundation module exam will be conducted online and be available for a specified period of time. For the Foundation module, candidates will have a maximum of five attempts during the window period. If the candidate is unsuccessful, he/she can enroll to take the exam in the next cycle.
Students or graduates of Finance or FinTech-related majors may apply for exemption from the Finance module and/or the FinTech module in Level 1. Holders of relevant professional certifications, may be granted exemptions from the relevant modules. The Exemption Committee of the GFI will decide on all exemption matters.
No exemptions will be granted for the Foundation module at Level 1 (online test) and the Level 2 examination.
Details regarding the programs of study or professional certifications that may qualify for exemptions will be announced at a later date.
Details of CFtP Modules and Subjects
CFtP Level 1A: Finance
- Module 1A1: Economics
- Module 1A2: Financial Statement Analysis
- Module 1A3: Financial Management
- Module 1A4: Portfolio Management
CFtP Level 1B: FinTech
- Module 1B1: Data Structure, Algorithms, and Programming in Python
- Module 1B2: Data Management 1: Big Data and Data Science
- Module 1B3: Data Management 2: Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Module 1B4: Network (including computer network and network security)
CFtP Level 1AB: Foundation
- Module 1AB1: Statistics, Quantitative Methods and Financial Analysis
- Module 1AB2: Financial Innovation
CFtP Level 2: Applications and Professional Practice
- Module 2.1: Ethics and Governance
- Module 2.2: AI, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning in Finance
- Module 2.3: Blockchain Design and Programming
- Module 2.4: Cloud Computing and Cyber Security
- Module 2.5: Compliance and Risk Management
- Module 2.6: Global Fintech Trends