The first round of CFtP Level 1 & 2 exams had been launched worldwide in December 2021. In the subsequent cycles, CFtP Level 1 & 2 exams will be conducted every July and December. The Level 1AB Compulsory Foundation paper will be conducted over the course of 2 months during the months of April-May & September-October, as well as at the beginning of each July & December exam window. All CFtP exams will be conducted in an online remotely proctored format; in-center computer-based testing is available for candidates in selected cities.
All questions in Level 1 are multiple choice questions. Level 2 questions are a combination of multiple choice and short essay questions.
All candidates need to obtain a passing grade for the Level 1AB Compulsory Foundation paper in order to proceed with the examination.
Students or graduates of Finance or FinTech-related majors may apply for exemption from the Finance module and/or the FinTech module in Level 1. Holders of relevant professional certifications, may be granted exemptions from the relevant modules. The Exemption Committee of the GFI will decide on all exemption matters.
No exemptions will be granted for the Level 1AB Compulsory Foundation paper and the Level 2 examinations.
Please visit the Exemptions page for list of accredited programs which qualify for exemptions.
Details of CFtP Modules and Subjects
CFtP Level 1AB: Foundation
- Module 1AB1: Ethics & Governance (I); Statistics; Quantitative Methods
- Module 1AB2: Financial Innovations; Blockchain & Cryptocurrency
CFtP Level 1A: Finance
- Module 1A1: Economics
- Module 1A2: Financial Statement Analysis
- Module 1A3: Financial Management
- Module 1A4: Investment Management
CFtP Level 1B: FinTech
- Module 1B1: Data Structure, Algorithms, and Programming in Python
- Module 1B2: Data Management 1: Big Data and Data Science
- Module 1B3: Data Management 2: Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Module 1B4: Computer Network and Network Security
CFtP Level 2: Applications and Professional Practice
- Module 2.1: Ethics and Governance (II)
- Module 2.2: AI, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning in Finance
- Module 2.3: Blockchain Design and Programming
- Module 2.4: Cloud Computing, Cyber Security & Quantum Computing
- Module 2.5: Compliance and Risk Management
- Module 2.6: Global Fintech Trends