The first round of CFtP Level 1 & 2 exams will be launched worldwide in December 2021. In subsequent cycles, CFtP Level 1 & 2 exams will be conducted every July and December. The Level 1AB Foundation paper will be conducted over the course of approximately 1 month during the months of September & April. All CFtP exams will be conducted in an online proctored format unless otherwise stated.
All questions in Level 1 are multiple choice questions. Level 2 questions are a combination of multiple choice and essay questions.
For all candidates who are registering for the December 2021 Level 1 examination, the first CFtP Level 1AB Foundation paper will be conducted during the month of September 2021.
Students or graduates of Finance or FinTech-related majors may apply for exemption from the Finance module and/or the FinTech module in Level 1. Holders of relevant professional certifications, may be granted exemptions from the relevant modules. The Exemption Committee of the GFI will decide on all exemption matters.
No exemptions will be granted for the Level 1AB Foundation paper and the Level 2 examinations.
Please visit the Exemptions page for list of accredited programs which qualify for exemptions.
Details of CFtP Modules and Subjects
CFtP Level 1AB: Foundation
- Module 1AB1: Statistics, Quantitative Methods and Financial Analysis
- Module 1AB2: Financial Innovation
CFtP Level 1A: Finance
- Module 1A1: Economics
- Module 1A2: Financial Statement Analysis
- Module 1A3: Financial Management
- Module 1A4: Investment Management
CFtP Level 1B: FinTech
- Module 1B1: Data Structure, Algorithms, and Programming in Python
- Module 1B2: Data Management 1: Big Data and Data Science
- Module 1B3: Data Management 2: Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Module 1B4: Computer Network and Network Security
CFtP Level 2: Applications and Professional Practice
- Module 2.1: Ethics and Governance
- Module 2.2: AI, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning in Finance
- Module 2.3: Blockchain Design and Programming
- Module 2.4: Cloud Computing and Cyber Security
- Module 2.5: Compliance and Risk Management
- Module 2.6: Global Fintech Trends