- This event has passed.
GFI Fintech Series Members’ Event-Bonds and Tokenisation
April 18 @ 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM
Bonds and tokenisation are two important concepts in the world of finance and investment. In this seminar, we will explore the basics of bonds and tokenisation, and how they are changing the way we invest and manage money.
Bonds are debt securities that are issued by governments, corporations, and other organizations to raise capital. They offer a fixed rate of return over a set period of time and are generally considered to be lower-risk investments than stocks. However, the bond market can be complex, and it can be difficult to understand the different types of bonds available and how they work.
Tokenisation, on the other hand, is a new and innovative way of managing investments using blockchain technology. It involves creating digital tokens that represent ownership of an asset, such as a bond, and then trading those tokens on a blockchain platform. Tokenisation offers several advantages, including increased liquidity, faster settlement times, and reduced transaction costs.
During this seminar, we will explore the following topics:
- An overview of the bond market, including the different types of bonds available and their risk profiles
- How bonds are priced and traded, and the role of bond ratings agencies
- The advantages and disadvantages of investing in bonds, and how they can be used to diversify a portfolio
- An introduction to tokenisation and how it is changing the way we invest
- The benefits of tokenisation, including increased liquidity, faster settlement times, and reduced transaction costs
- The potential risks and challenges associated with tokenisation, including regulatory issues and security concerns
By the end of this seminar, attendees will have a better understanding of the bond market and how tokenisation is disrupting traditional investment models. They will also be equipped with the knowledge needed to evaluate the risks and benefits of investing in bonds and tokenised assets.
This event is co-organised by Global Fintech Institute & BondEvalue