On 26 August 2020, Global FinTech Institute, the Shanghai Institute of International Finance Center of Shanghai University of Finance and Economics and the Singapore University of Social Science, are signing a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) online to jointly develop the Chartered FinTech Professional (CFtP) qualification program. Through this collaboration on the CFtP qualification program, we …
FinTech has been transforming the financial landscape in both Singapore and China. As China opens its financial system to foreign players and prepares to launch the world's first national virtual currency, its FinTech sector is expected to bring about fundamental changes to the global financial market.
Attend this talk jointly offered by Global FinTech Institute and Finance Programmes, School of Business, SUSS to learn the latest developments and future FinTech trends in China, as well as the key FinTech terms you must know in both English and Mandarin in order to position yourself in the FinTech industry. Interact with our speakers and receive digital prizes by participating in the fun activities!
There will be a short info-session & Q&A regarding the Chartered FinTech Professional qualification exam. Participants can learn more about exemptions available for SUSS students & graduates. Students from other Singaporean universities can also find out more which programmes & courses have been granted exemption.
Webinar Speaker: Prof David Lee
Panelists: Chia Hock Lai, Prof Joseph Lim, Prof Phoon Kok Fai, Prof Yu Yinghui, Prof Tan Chong Hui, Dr Lo Swee Won
Sponsors of Prizes for Quiz:
World Scientific Publishing Company (https://www.worldscientific.com/)
-Talk on “Leapfrogging into the Fintech & Blockchain Industry" , by Prof David Lee (25min)
-Info-session on Chartered Fintech Professional (CFtP) qualification and exemptions for students & graduates of NUS BBA & MScFin programmes, followed by Q&A (25min)
-Panel discussion on Career Opportunities available in the Fintech industry, possible career paths and how to prepare yourself (25min)
- Prof David Lee Kuo Chuen (Chairman of Global Fintech Institute)
- Chia Hock Lai (Co-Founder of Global Fintech Institute; Founding President of Singapore Fintech Association; Co-Chairman of Blockchain Association of Singapore)
- Assoc Prof Ruth Tan (Deputy Head, Finance Department, NUS Business School)
- Assoc Prof Tan Chong Hui (Academic Council Exemption Committee Member of GFI)
- Assoc Prof Joseph Lim (Academic Council Member of GFI, Past-President of CFA Singapore)
- Assoc Prof Johan Sulaeman (Academic Council Member of GFI; Finance Department, NUS Business School)